(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
“A powerful new approach that can help you safely reverse the effects of modern scourges, including depression, chronic stress, and mood disorders.”—Alan Christianson, N.M.D., New York Times bestselling author of The Adrenal Reset Diet
Essential oils offer natural treatments for a host of health conditions, from anxiety and depression to hormonal imbalance, digestive distress, sleep disorders, and even autoimmune disease. The Healing Power of Essential Oils includes recipes and formulations for all of these health needs and more—all backed by extensive scientific research and the trusted guidance of public health researcher and aromatherapist Eric Zielinski, D.C.
Some of the unique recipes you will master:
• Morning Meditation Body Oil
• Sweet Slumber Diffuser Blend
• Citrus-Powered Pain Relief Roll-On
• Anti-Anxiety Spray
• Inflammation-Soothing Capsules
• Homemade Chocolate with Lavender and Goji Berries
Dr. Z’s thorough, evidence-based approach helps you take control of your health, whether you’re new to essential oils or you’re ready for advanced techniques. With your newfound knowledge you can tailor an essential oils practice that fits your unique needs—and start experiencing amazing results.
From the Publisher
Lemon Fresh Laundry Detergent
Three 1-gallon glass jar with pump dispensers (available on Amazon) (5-gallon heavy duty plastic buckets with a lid for storage work as well).
1. Grate the entire bar of soap into the stockpot over low heat.
2. Add 5 cups water and raise the heat to medium-high. Stir until the soap is dissolved.
3. Add the OxiClean and washing soda and mix until dissolved.
4. Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
5. Pour 1 quart hot water into each of the three containers.
6. Add 2 cups of the soap mixture and 30 drops of essential oil into each container. Stir, then add enough cool water to fill each container.
7. Let the mixture thicken overnight. (If using a plastic bucket, use the lid.)
8. Depending on whether you have a high-efficiency washer, use between ¼ and ½ cup per load.
Stir (if using a plastic bucket for storage) or shake (if storing in a glass bottle) before each use as the detergent may get lumpy or gelatinize.
Also, in case you were wondering, the nonprofit watchdog Environmental Working Group gives both Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda and OxiClean Baby Stain Remover an “A” grade because they have virtually no associated toxic risks. The known ingredients are sodium carbonate peroxide and sodium carbonate, which are both very safe and effective at removing stains.
½ bar Dr. Bronner’s unscented castile soap
¾ cup OxiClean Baby Stain Remover
¾ cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda Household Cleaner & Laundry Booster
One 5 ml bottle of any essential oil (lemongrass, lavender, and ylang ylang all work great; a basic guideline to how many drops is 100 per 5 ml bottle)
Super Quick Cocoa Mint Delight
This homemade chocolate candy is super yummy and will help satisfy that sweet tooth in a healthy way!
Small glass bowl for mixing.
Cupcake liner, muffin tin, or silicone candy mold.
1. Mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into a cupcake liner, muffin tin, or silicone candy mold and refrigerate until hard (about 30 minutes). Enjoy!
1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
10 drops vanilla-flavored liquid stevia extract
1 drop peppermint essential oil