(as of May 30,2020 20:47:31 UTC – Details)
Kids baking can be a piece of cake!
Teaching kids baking skills can be so exciting! Kid Chef Junior Bakes hits the sweet spot between recipes that are fun and easy and food that’s colorful and tasty. They’ll keep coming back for s’more!
With pictures for every recipe, step-by-step instructions, and large text that’s easy to read, this cookbook will get kids baking in no time. Whether they’re learning how to make Dirt Cups with Candy Worms, Strawberry Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes, or Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry-Cream Cheese Muffins, they’ll be baking for real―together with you.
Kid Chef Junior Bakes includes:
- 25 delicious recipes―Kids can try making a mix of recipes for different skill levels, like 4-Ingredient Biscuits and Summer Sweet Strawberry Tart.
- Kids baking basics―From oven safety to measuring ingredients, kids will learn the ABCs of successful baking.
- Space to make it their own―There’s oodles of room for doodling and decorating, plus fill-ins and jokes with each recipe.
Watch your child’s eyes light up when you ask for help in the kitchen. Kid Chef Junior Bakes makes kids baking an awesome experience for everyone!
From the Publisher
SAMPLE RECIPE: Summer Sweet Strawberry Tart
PREP TIME: 40 minutes | COOK TIME: 20 minutes | Makes: 6-8 slices
1. Place the flour and sugar in the stand mixer or large mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.
2. Using a cutting board and a kid-safe knife, slice the sticks of butter into 8 pieces each. Add the butter to the flour mixture and turn on the mixer or use the pastry cutter to blend the butter until you have what looks like white peas.
3. Pour the vanilla into the mixture and stir. Add the ice water 1 tablespoon at a time and stir.
4. Use clean hands to make a ball with the dough. Cover the ball in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
5. If using fresh strawberries, use a cutting board and a kid-safe knife to slice the tops off and cut each berry in half lengthwise. If using frozen strawberries, cut the bag open. Add 2 tablespoons of flour to the bag and shake.
6. After 20 minutes, place a handful of flour on a clean counter or cutting board. Use the rolling pin to flatten the dough into a circle 10 to 12 inches wide.
7. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Roll the dough onto your rolling pin and transfer it to the middle of the baking sheet. Pour the strawberries into the middle. Sprinkle the strawberries with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Fold the edges of the crust up all the way around the tart so 2 inches of the dough rests on top of the berries.
8. In a small bowl, crack the egg and remove any shell. Use a fork to whisk it until well mixed. Use a pastry brush to coat the part of the crust that’s resting on the berries. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the berries are bubbly and the crust is golden brown. 9. Cool and serve. Allow the tart to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving
2½ cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons (if you are using frozen fruit)
¼ cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
1 cup butter (2 sticks), cold and cubed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup ice water
2 cups strawberries, sliced
Handful of flour for rolling
Give your kids a lifelong love of cooking with other fun kids’ cookbooks from the publisher:
Fun and educational
What’s it about?
Acquaint kids ages 4-8 with basic baking skills and 25 fun recipes.
Get kids ages 8-13 excited about healthy eating with this fun introductory cookbook.
Help your child learn healthy cooking skills with this fun cookbook for ages 4-8.
Explore 75+ sweet and savory baking recipes for kids ages 8-13.
Encourage kids ages 8-12 to cook easy meals every day with 65+ delicious recipes.